During installation, it is possible that you may get a Windows Application Error that says:
"The instruction at 0x60fe1e97 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program."
This can mean a lot of things, but basically it means the issue is in your computer.
I could be bad memory, a bad CPU, older drivers, hardware conflicts, etc.
1. First, make sure your computer meets Create's system requirements:
- at least 4 GB RAM (but recommended is 8 GB or more)
- and 2 GB Hard Disk Space
2. Try doing the Windows Diagnostics test.
a. Press Windows key + W to search Settings.
b. Type “Diagnose your computer’s memory problems” in the search box and press Enter.
c. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. If the Windows Diagnostics Test comes out negative, you may then try to increase your virtual memory.
To Increase your Virtual Memory:
1. Right-click on This PC shortcut on your desktop or in File Explorer and click on Properties. Information about your system should open so click on Advanced System Settings at the right part of the window.
2. Navigate to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under the Performance section. Make sure you have administrator privileges if you wish to make changes to these settings.
3. After Performance Options windows opens, navigate to the Advanced tab and click on the Change… button under the Virtual Memory section.
4. Uncheck the box next to the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and click on the radio button next to the Custom size option.
5. If you have only one partition running, set both the initial size and the Maximum size of the paging file to around 1.5 times the amount of RAM in MB. For example, if you have 2 GB or RAM, that equals to 2048 MB so you can set the size of the paging file to 3072 MB.
6. If you have two or more partitions, select the boot partition (where your Windows is installed) and set both the initial and maximum value to 250 MB in order to make space for the mini dump file. Select one of your other partitions and set 1.5 times the amount of RAM you have.
After increasing your virtual memory, try running the Create app again.