If you get the error message: "The payment amount exceeds the maximum amount per payment" it means that your primary fund source have reached its limit, or do not have enough balance.
To resolve this issue, simply add a secondary funding source.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click Profile near the top of the page
- Click Profile and Settings
- Click Financial Information
- Click Update in the My preapproved payments section
- Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change
- Click Change beside Backup Funding Source
- Select the payment method you’d like to use and click Save